Welcome! This page will provide you with information you need in preparation for your presentation at MAGIC Update 2021 on March 5 2021. Please review each section and if you have any questions please contact Andrea Barkley for guidance.
Key Dates & Deadlines
|Rehearsal & Orientation||February 12th to 19th|
|Photo & Short Bio||Friday, February 19th|
|COI Disclosure & Release Forms||Friday, February 19th|
|Surveys, Polling & Interactivity||Monday, March 1st|
|Presentation||Monday, March 1st|
Digital Conference Platform
MAGIC 2021 will be delivered via a customized digital conference platform called Pheedloop. Your presentation will be webcast to this platform via ClickMeeting or Zoom and your unique presenter link. On the day of the conference, you will be asked to enter the virtual meeting room 30 minutes prior to your start time to test your actual presentation and do one final technical check. You will receive a unique presenter link to the webcasting platform a week before the conference via email and in the form of a calendar invitation.
Conference Platform Orientation & Technical Meeting
During this one-on-one meeting your Technical Director will review the conference platform and its functionality, explain the technical requirements and process for livestreaming your presentation, discuss the options and functionality for the interactivity requirement of your presentation, your broadcast equipment, and answer any questions you may have. Since we are conducting a technical test, we strongly recommend that you be in the same location from which you will be presenting, with the same computer/camera/microphone setup.
Presentation Specifications & Disclosure Requirements Click each item for more information
- A stable high-speed internet connection – it is recommended to use a wired ethernet connection rather than WiFi.
- A headset with built-in microphone
- Adequate lighting
- Both ClickMeeting and Zoom are web-based webcasting tools. No download will be necessary.
- Google Chrome is the recommended browser for the ClickMeeting platform, functionality can be limited in other browsers.
Interactivity Click each item for more information
- Pre/Post Test: Create 1-5 multiple choice questions based on your presentation’s learning objectives. Place the same questions at both the very beginning and the very end of your presentation to test the audience’s knowledge before and after your session.
- Diagnosis: Intersperse your presentation with 2-3 cases for the audience to diagnose. Questions should be multiple choice (i.e. What is your diagnosis for a patient exhibiting the above?)
Please have a slide with your polling questions incorporated into your Power Point presentation.
Presentation Delivery Tips & Considerations Click each item for more information
- Silence any phones or ringers, close your door, alert co-workers, or family members that you can’t be disturbed
- Make ‘eye-contact’ whenever possible. Don’t read your presentation script off the screen!
- Be more expressive than you normally would in a traditional classroom (due to less nonverbal cues)
- Do a quick run through of interactive features the day before or morning of to make sure you have the latest version of the webcast tool (Click Meeting) and everything is running correctly